Friday, January 18, 2013
Federal Signal Modulator (Dual Tone) 6048, Short Alert and Attack: Bloomington, Indiana Tube. Duration : 2.05 Mins.


(*Originally recorded on September 2nd) This is a monthly test of the Monroe County (Indiana) Outdoor Warning System. This particular siren is located just south of Bloomington, Indiana on East Pointe Rd. and Morrison Ct. Although I like modulators I was disappointed since this siren did not sound for a long time as opposed to the background 2001s. This mod also seems to constantly have radio problems since many people who work at the golf course (which is by this siren) said a lot of times this siren fails to sound for its test. Another odd thing that happens is how the mod switches from an alert tone to a short wail tone. The wail tone also sounds a bit faster than most wail tones on modulators such as the DSA in Jasper. My parents also recorded this siren on that day since I was in school.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.