Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Whelen WPS-4004, Alert: Bedford, Indiana (Lawrence Co. Tornado Siren Test, HD) Video Clips. Duration : 2.00 Mins.


This is a weekly test of the City of Bedford's Weather Warning Siren System. They test every Friday at Noon, but I am unaware how detailed the procedure is. I have watched a video where their Whelens did Attack/Wail for a tornado warning but, I didn't hear voice...maybe its the dispatcher's mood that determines whether or not it does voice or sounds wail, even during tests. I'm sure they use voice for something, otherwise, why buy 4004s to begin with? According to an article I found (by chance too) there are 10 WPS-4004s in the system, I only found six so far (visually confirmed 5). I also found a 16/16 port Sterling and a Vortex in Mitchell and a Model 5(B?)T in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't even looked like it is hooked up...or if it is I don't know why they would put one there. This 4004 is located on 16TH ST and N St. by a convenience store. I parked in busy parking lot while it was raining. Luckily, it wasn't raining as bad as the 2001-DC recording I did awhile back but it was a much cooler rain that would soak my camera. So what I did was hold a small red umbrella above it. I did nothing whatsoever. I looked in the trunk of the car and randomly found a large, rainbow colored beach umbrella. Embarrassing as it was, I used that to record the siren. After the recording I drove around places where I thought I heard a siren sound after this 4004 shut off. I found two and later I found another one on Google Maps. Either way I'm glad to have recorded this 4004 since it ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.